Secret Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help im stuck

4 posters

Go down

Help im stuck Empty Help im stuck

Post  Chatuyscha Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Ranks & Titles

The following is meant as a possible frame for the guild rules in effect from the 1. of February, on the matters of rank and titles for members of The Secret Society.

Feedback and ideas are more than welcome. Is it completely nuts or is it worth developing ?

Before going further one thing is still important to have in mind. The ranks and titles are ment as an hopefully enjoyable extra dimension to the game. So if you find it irrelevant, and is satisfied by just being member, no hard words, evil consequenses or kicking from guild.

No matter rank or title we are all still equal, and none are more equal than others. This is a guild build on a common interest and we are here because we like it. So this guild is by no means ment to be restrictive on the members, by putting up laws and rules. So simply act against others like you would like them to act against you.

No more preaching, lets get to it.

Membership

To be considered a member of The Secret Society all of the following criterias must be fulfilled :

Have a minimum 2 week old registration as user at The Secret Society forum.

Have a personal profile in The Secret Society forum stating as minimum location (Country or
state) and date of birth. This information will be used for making a list of members with
timezones. Date of birth is needed for giving the guild the possibility to say “Happy birthday”

A registration at the character sheet in the Forum, stating names on active characters in Guild.

A game logon not older than 3 weeks for any Character a member have in guild.

Membership titles

Membership titles applies to members not characters.

Kobold Hireling is the title of a Non-members of The Secret Society, in effect not fulfilling the 4 criterias above for recognition as member, but still having 1 or more characters on the ingame guildlist.

Kobold Hireling cannot recieve payments from The Secret Society Treasury, nor participate in the guild lottery.

Dragonmarked Gnome is the first grade of membership of The Secret Society. A Dragonmarked Gnome has been member for 4 weeks or less.

Harbor Hellhound is a member that has been a member of The Secret Society for more than 4 but not more than 8 weeks.

Raiding Ogre is a member that has been a member of The Secret Society for more than 8 but not more than 12 weeks.

Conquistador of Eberron is the highest grade of citizenship. It demands a Recognized membership of The Secret Society for more than 12 weeks.

Signs of dedication to the guild do have an impact on level of Citizenship

It’s a VERY honourable act to show how dedicated you are to the guild.
An honourable act boosts you to a higher level of membership in The Secret Society.
It’s VERY honourable to give a voluntary donation to The Secret Society Treasury.

Kobold Hireling can by a voluntary donation to The Secret Society Treasury of 1000 PP, and by fulfilling the 4 criteria for membership, bypass the criteria of a 2 week old registration as user at The Secret Society forum. They do still have to have the registration as user at The Secret Society forum. The voluntary donation will grant a Kobold Hireling the membership title of Dragonmarked Gnome.

A Dragonmarked Gnome can, by a voluntary donation of 1000 PP to The Secret Society Treasury, rise to the title of Harbor Hellhound.

For a Harbor Hellhound a voluntary donation to The Secret Society Treasury of 2000 PP will bring the title of Raiding Ogre.

To achieve the honourable title of Conquistador of Eberron, a Raiding Ogre must make a donation on 3000 PP to The Secret Society Treasury.

Rank of officer

To achieve the rank of officer the following prerequisites is needed :

1. The member must as minimum have the title of Dragonmarked Gnome.

2. The members highest level character in guild is minimum Level 7.

Benefits of being officer

All officers have the right to recruit new members to guild.

All officers have the right to remove non-member characters from ingame guildlist.

Removal of member characters from ingame guildlist, can only be done by members of the guild counsil, unless the member directly asks an officer to remove the character.

If a member is promoted to officer, all the members characters in guild have the right to be officers, this to ensure recruitment to guild at all character levels. Its up to the member to decide how many of the members characters that is to be promoted.

The title of leader on the in-game guild list is equal to the title of officer. The only difference is that the leader is responsible for the promotion of members to officers on the in-game list.
Chatuyscha
Chatuyscha

Back to top Go down

Help im stuck Empty Re: Help im stuck

Post  Shmittick Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Looks good so far.

Shmittick

Back to top Go down

Post  Azrahn Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

looks good here and fair
Azrahn
Azrahn

Back to top Go down

Help im stuck Empty could more be added?

Post  Chatuyscha Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 pm

could more be added?
Chatuyscha
Chatuyscha

Back to top Go down

Post  Azrahn Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:57 am

I think it is a great start

let it evolve as some of the newer players have a chance to get some experience under their belts

On a side note, I would like to see, if possible, that raid runs can be planned out in advance on the calender

especially as the group starts to level up higher
Azrahn
Azrahn

Back to top Go down

Post  sloejack Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 am

Chat, it looks like you've put a lot of thought into this and it sounds cool. However, I would not mess with the membership titles too much. The multiple ranks for time served (so to speak) sounds cool in theory but it is very process heavy with no benefit to the guild. It means that someone(s) will have to keep track of each person and adjust their title every time they hit a milestone. Again, it sounds cool and it can be meaningful but it also means work for someone with no tangible benefit.

If I were king for a day, (for the record I have no desire to be king or prince, I'm happy as a pauper) I would have:
Members (all main characters)
Alternates (any main char alts that are also in guild)
Officers (a small number of dedicated folks who have a specific purpose in supporting guild activities like raid/event coordinator, recruiting, etc)
Leader (where the buck stops, there can be only one, may the force be with you)

Logic behind this:
A member is a member. some are new, some are old but if you've been made a member that means the guild has accepted you and there doesn't need to be any additional class structure.
Alternates are a fact of life, we like playing with each other and we want to stay connect even when not playing our main chars.
Officers should be few with specific roles/functions that serve the guild

-Artificiose

sloejack

Back to top Go down

Help im stuck Empty Thx for feedback

Post  Chatuyscha Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:04 am

Thx for getting me back on track. got some of the same thoughts myself. What is this good for?, Wheres the logic?, How much maintenance is there in it?, Is it necessary at all? and last but not least Is it what we want?

I think i got some of the answers for now. So i try to cut of the unnecessary, to get back from that dead end road i was heading down.

Result of this can be seen under guild rules.
Chatuyscha
Chatuyscha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum